Thursday, July 9, 2009

Sewing Glasses.

Last night was a late night. No, not like you might think.

A couple weeks ago I bought some shirts over the Internet and got them a few days ago in the mail. I found out once I got them that I miss ordered and instead of ordering two mediums, here was a large and a medium. The medium fit great! However the large looked it was made for my much more "rotund" twin "Ashpudgly".. For some insane reason, I thought no problem I in my master seamstress style can take it in. A few restitches here and a tuck there and boom! It will look awesome and be a prefect fit. I started this little... "endeavor" at around one in the afternoon, took a break and cleaned, cooked dinner and helped clean out the chicken coop. And was back at it from about eight last night till eleven forty-five! But I will say that after some malfunctions, (Like stitching a sleeve back on inside out.... TWICE!) and a few choice words mumbled under my breath, it looks pretty good if I do say so myself. And it fits right, and doesn't look lopsided or anything!

But I'm really surprised that I am as awake as I am this morning..

Who ever my husband is should be really happy that we're not married yet. Cause he would probably die of food poisoning, (I'm not a great cook) and to make things worse he would be naked because of my lack of sewing ability!

Late last night when I was working on riping stitches, I stole my Mom's glasses. Which made it so much easier!

The other day Mom and I finally went of eye exams. Sad truth is that we have almost exactly the same prescription except that Mom needs bifocals!

I'm about to run off to town to buy stuff for camp and more fabric!

No comments: