Monday, June 29, 2009

Summer in a Different Color::..



It's weird, just sitting here.. This summer is so different from the past two or three summers.

God told me in October of last year to sit tight this summer. I have had a nice time unwinding, and taking it easy. Many who know me, know that is not like me to sit tight. In all truth I keep having to fight off feeling a little stir crazy. I've been enjoying spending time with my family and having a lot of time to spend with God.

I've been in the word on an almost daily occurrence, which usually isn't the case when I am ubber busy with school or running all over the place like mad during the summers.

Preping Sunday school lessons, College Bible study material, camp cabin Bible studys and Blogging all have been a luxuries I don't usually have a chance to sit and ponder. Typically I'm in rush mode, but so far this summer everything has been a slow process. And it's taking a lot of adjusting to.

I knew this summer was going to be different. I don't think I realized how different. But right now is prep time and some down time so that maybe I won't be sick for five weeks straight this winter. Unlike the last few summers where I knew exactly what I was supposed to be doing each week, planned weeks ahead of time this is more like a mission trip.

A process of hurry up, be prepared and wait. It all tries my patience a good bit of the time. But this is where God has me. Sort of a strange looking holding pattern. God is drawing my heart closer and closer to His. Bring me to the point of where I need to be so I can be of the best use in His service.

This summer is a duck of a different color and I have no idea of what will be the out come, all I have to ability to do is trust God that He knows what He is doing!

Col 4:2-6 (NCV) "Continue praying, keeping alert, and always thanking God. Also pray for us that God will give us an opportunity to tell people his message. Pray that we can preach the secret that God has made known about Christ. This is why I am in prison. Pray that I can speak in a way that will make it clear, as I should. Be wise in the way you act with people who are not believers, making the most of every opportunity. When you talk, you should always be kind and pleasant so you will be able to answer everyone in the way you should."

No comments: