Wednesday, September 17, 2008

God is my anti - panic attack!



"If we cannot believe God when circumstances seem be against us, we do not believe Him at all." - Charles Spurgeon



Wow, it's almost been a month since I last blogged! School started the 27th of August and thus my schedule became crazy. But that's no excuse. I'm drinking my second cup of coffee this morning just trying to trust God.


Today I have my first Biology 201 exam! I'm a tad nervous, but if you ask anyone that knows me well I get into a nervous mind set before ANY exam. Yesterday I spent 7 and a half hours in the library studying for the exam today. Crazy, I know. It's kinda weird how I go from being alright about the test to then almost having a panic attack, then I pray and give the test to God and then I'm fine again... For a while. This cycle has been reoccurring for the past two days! Personally I find it funny how my pastor was just talking about this sort of thing last Sunday. Sadly I was up stairs teaching, of all things David. But I got the five minute version from my Mom just this morning. King David, a man after God's own heart didn't ALWAYS trust God. Heck, at one time he wanted to kill Nabal who was Abigail's husband because he disrespected David. So David told his men to take up their swords (meaning prepair to kill people) but God allowed Abigail to catch wind of all that happened so she could go and try to supeas David before anything bad happened. And David saw the error of his ways and turn back to trusting God. I kinda feel that way about school.


It's would be so easy to slip back into last school years mind set again. The one where I lost intimacy with God and used Him as my personal vending machine.. Yeah, very easy.. I'm so much happier when God and I have real true blue fellowship and intimacy where as when I call on Him only when I need something! The quote that I put at the top of this blog is a hard on to stomach. Because when everything against you it's so much easier to go into panic mode instead of just letting go of your problems and letting God have a go at working it out.


Matthew 11:28 (NIV) "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give

you rest."


Galations 5:22-23 (NIV) But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, PEACE, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.


When the world hands you lemons... PRAY!



No comments: