Friday, August 22, 2008

Just The Two Of Us


If she has been given the gift of living as a single person, she must be willing to do so, prepare to do so, and look for the work in Lord’s vineyard that doubtless He has for her. She must not dread the future, looking at it apprehensively, but must recognize that the Lord never calls His children without providing them the help that they need to accomplish His will and the ability to be happy in doing it. - Jay E. Adams

Sadly, I'm only on my second cup of coffee for the morning. I have a fairly busy day today filled with cleaning carpets, babysitting and having my best friend over for one last time before the school year starts and we never see each other again. Heck, the sad thing is that we both go to in town colleges!

For sometime now I have been pondering a subject. So, I thought I would share it. My parents and I have been praying since I was little for my future husband. But, what happens if I'm not supposed to get married? Do all those prayers go out the window? Or does God in His infinite wisdom use those prayers for something else? I have had quite a few people this summer tell me not to worry about when I'll get a husband since I'm only nineteen. However, personally I would just like to know that there is one coming down the pike. That might sound selfish or just flat weird to some, but I just wish I knew because then I might understand is some small capacity what shifts my life is going to take. After all, life is a roller coaster ride and I get sick when I can't see whats coming next.. Most likely I'm just being dumb and spending my time thinking about something that will never happen.. But I can't help but wonder.

During the summer I was surrounded by girls around my age or a tad older that seemed to all be married, engaged or thought they were dating their right man. Keep in mind that I really enjoyed all their company BUT, I just about got sick at how many times I was told, "I hope God brings you a man so you can be as happy as I am!" Allow me to say to all those who found their right man, "Please Stop!" Have they ever given a thought that we singles are right where God wants us? We live in a society, especially the christian circles, that put a tremendous amount of pressure on girls my age to get matched up so that after you finish your studies you can get married! Why do other young women feel the need to indoctrinate us full of the bliss of having a significant other? It just makes many single girls cave because they want to be "happy" too. After a young woman caves, she is no longer placing her faith in God for a husband and to fill that void . Then searches rampidly because she is on the great man hunt. Trust me. I've been there, done that. You find that when your trying to find a man to fill that space God meant for your husband, that quite honestly God DOES fill completely on His own if you let Him; you make yourself miserable and distant from God. The more you search the farther you go because you KEEP placing your faith in finding someone instead of relying on God to work on that area of your life. One of Satan's greatest lies is that you need a significant other to be happy instead of God. So there is my tirade for the day. I'm sure that this subject is bound to come back around at some point.


I like Paul he wrote this.

1 Corinthians 7:7-9 (New International Version)I wish that all men were as I am. But each man has his own gift from God; one has this gift, another has that.
Now to the unmarried and the widows I say: It is good for them to stay unmarried, as I am. But if they cannot control themselves, they should marry, for it is better to marry than to burn with passion.

2 Corinthians 5:7 (New International Version) We live by faith, not by sight.

I'm enjoying blogging in the mornings. It's like writing my own Spirit lead devotional. And no Mother I will not sign and notarise this!

No comments: