Friday, April 3, 2009

Talking with God and Strawberry Plants:::..



This morning has been chalk full. Fridays are my off day. It's when I get the bulk of my home work done, clean the house, clean my car, ect. Fridays are also usually my one day a week that I can guarantee myself that I can sleep in. I love Fridays! Sadly this morning I woke up at seven-thirty and couldn't get my brain to shut off all of the thoughts running through my head at one-hundred miles an hour. So I was up for the day. But I feel really well rested. Although being on big cup of coffee #2 will do that too. Mom and Jake are off to park day and running around town so the house is quite and I have been left to do my own thing.

Every morning I get up and pray first thing.. It tends to get me in a better mood. If I don't have that time with God in the mornings, everyone around me the rest of the day knows it. The problem with praying consistently is that my list to pray for keeps getting longer and longer. Now it takes about an hour in the morning. It didn't start that way. But I really enjoy it. And I would suggest it to everyone. I think it's a big part of why I have stayed sane this school year. Giving all of my cares and concerns for the day over to God and letting Him handle it instead on me.

The other part of this morning has been spent on Facebook sending messages to different friends.. Oh, how I love Facebook! LOL I don't think I would have any social life what so ever if it weren't for that social networking site.

I decided to blog this morning because I have a few stories I've been meaning to share.

Fist is a story on my little brother Jake. We have been putting in a garden at our house. We have weeded, watered, pick axed, picked out rocks, turned soil, tilled, mixed in enriched soil, and finally planted.. The picture at the top of the entry is one of our strawberry plants. The other day I named the littlest of our strawberry plants Bart. Bart is the runt of the eighteen that we planted. Jake asked me, "How do you know that it's a boy?".. Instead of telling him that I had no idea what it was I said, "Well, the plants with flowers are girls and the ones with no flowers are boys. and Bart doesn't have a flower so he is a boy." With a look of astonishment he goes, "Ohhh.." Then of course the next thing out of my Mom's mouth was, "Jake, don't believe your sister. You can't tell boy plants from girl plants." Why does she have to spoil my fun? I love my brother at this age.. Please be praying for him. He goes on Thursdays to see if he needs his next heart surgery soon. Also pray that God would give my family peace about the cardiologist visit.

I say a lot of times that I talk to God in the mornings. Well, the other day He talked back. That might sound crazy but it's kind of true. All last weekend I had been worried about going to one of my classes that I have had a little bit of "difficulties" in. Recently it seems like I have been telling a lot of people not to be troubled, just give it to God and walk away. So I would worry and give it to God. And then worry and give it to God to deal with and then again and again. All weekend this went on.. The day of the class came. Again one of my friends had a troubled heart and so I was looking for a verse about not letting your heart be troubled.
Hehe.. It's funny how God works.

I had kind of felt like I was going to be like Daniel in the lions den.. And was going to class to be gobbled up. All weekend I was trying to think of what I would say in defense of my position.. And nothing was coming to me.

This was the first verse I came across.
Matt 10:19-20 (NIV) when they arrest you, do not worry about what to say or how to say it. At that time you will be given what to say,for it will not be you speaking, but the Spirit of your Father speaking through you.

This was number two.
John 17: 14-16 (NIV) I have given them your word and the world has hated them, for they are not of the world any more than I am of the world. My prayer is not that you take them out of the world but that you protect them from the evil one. They are not of the world, even as I am not of it.

It was like God was telling me that he would be with me. Cause this was number three.
John 14:16-20 (NIV) And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Counselor to be with you forever— the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you.I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you. Before long, the world will not see me anymore, but you will see me. Because I live, you also will live.On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you.

I kind of got the point that I should just pray. This was number four.
Jame 5:13 (NIV)Is any one of you in trouble? He should pray. Is anyone happy? Let him sing songs of praise.

God doesn't ask me to do anything that He has not prepared me to do. This was number five.
John12:27-28 (NIV) "Now my heart is troubled, and what shall I say? 'Father, save me from this hour'? No, it was for this very reason I came to this hour. Father, glorify your name!"

This world and the problems that I face here are nothing compared to the eternal reward that trusting God gives me. This was number six.

2 Cor 4:16-17 (NIV)Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all.

It was really neat. I felt like God was right there calming my fears and equipping me for a challenge. Funny thing is after all that worrying. Class that day was really good and every one was really nice. Maybe God has other plans for our "talk".

No comments: