Monday, April 27, 2009

What a Friend We Have In Jesus::..



Lately I have been very disappointed. Mostly with people, many have let me down. Some have out and out told me that they could give a care less about what I say. I'm thankful for their honesty, but it hurts. Some aren't so bold and just act as though my words have fallen on deaf ears. A few promise me they will be there and aren't. Some who are people one would think would cheer me on; belittle me in front of a group. Others try to stiffle my voice to make me sound childish or bitter. Manipulation and mind games have come from people I would have never expected it to. So much wavers from day to day when you look to people to encourage and build you up.

Yesterday, Sunday, we sung What a Friend We Have in Jesus.
The words really encouraged me. Reminding me who it is that really matters. What should I care if people walk away and act in unbecoming ways? Take it to God. He knows what I am going through and He can deal with the many different situations far better than I can.

The song:

What a Friend we have in Jesus, all our sins and griefs to bear!
What a privilege to carry everything to God in prayer!
O what peace we often forfeit, O what needless pain we bear,
All because we do not carry everything to God in prayer.

Have we trials and temptations? Is there trouble anywhere?
We should never be discouraged; take it to the Lord in prayer.
Can we find a friend so faithful who will all our sorrows share?
Jesus knows our every weakness; take it to the Lord in prayer.

Are we weak and heavy laden, cumbered with a load of care?
Precious Savior, still our refuge, take it to the Lord in prayer.
Do your friends despise, forsake you? Take it to the Lord in prayer!
In His arms He’ll take and shield you; you will find a solace there.

Blessed Savior, Thou hast promised Thou wilt all our burdens bear
May we ever, Lord, be bringing all to Thee in earnest prayer.
Soon in glory bright unclouded there will be no need for prayer
Rapture, praise and endless worship will be our sweet portion there.

1 comment:

Monica said...

This strikes a strong chord with me... Thank you for sharing. I love that hymn. However, I don't think that we'll ever outgrow our need for "prayer: Conversing with God." ~Monica