Monday, October 20, 2008

Peace Rains Down::..



Today like most mornings I'm on my second cup of coffee. I was just thinking about how much I need my coffee to wake me up physically this morning but I need my prayer time with God each morning to wake me up for the day Spiritually. So before I started typing this I had some quite-ish time with God. I could hear my brothers cartoons playing in the back round, but oh well..
I have been going to Arkansas camp for three years now and a councilor for two. Some of my absolute favorite times at Arkansas camp is getting up every morning before my body truly wants to and sneaking out of the cabin with out anyone knowing, walking down to the boxing arena at the edge of the lake and sitting on the highest point on the bleachers facing the lake and having quite time with God. It's amazing! Watching all the trees that God made sway in the gentle breeze and listening to the rolling of the water that He controls. Plus then having the added bonus of after that going to the councilors meeting with all the other crazies who dare to be called councilors. Praying with all of them for the kids God brought to camp with only a purpose known to Him and allowing us to love on the little souls for a week. Can anyone tell that camp has been on my mind a little bit?


I was talking to a dear friend on the phone the other night. And in the course of our strange and usually every lengthy conversations prayer was brought up. I think it was in relation to not praying enough. But then it evolved into not knowing what to say to God in prayer. which I know is a very normal response from most people. My kids that I teach at church had a lot of trouble at first when I asked them if they wanted to pray for the class at Church. They typical asked, "what should I say?" I would tell them to just talk to God. Maybe some are daunted by the fact that they are talking to the maker of the universe or others might think of Him as a God of Justice ready to rain down fire and brim stone on your head, but to everyone who believes Christ died on the cross for their sins He is simply Daddy. I guess I have been blessed, unlike others, with an earthly father that I have always been at ease talking to. Which might make it a little easier for me to talk to God in that sort of a manor. But while talking we also talked about lying to God in our prayers. I know I have been guilty of this MANY times. Where you really want to pray about or for something but you sort of beat around the bush and use prettier language then necessary because you don't want to offend God. After doing this for many years I finally came to the brilliant deduction that God, who knows everything probably knows what I am really thinking. It's such a profound concept!


Lately as problems have been arising in life I have had to remind myself of exactly how big God is. Even though I know that my "Big" problems of today will be the small potatoes of my tomorrow, it's still hard to see around the biggies. Thankfully I can take comfort that God is far larger then my problems no matter what they are, who they are or where they come from. For some weirdo reason this reminds me of a Veggie Tales song.



Hannah prayed what was truly on her heart and God granted it to her.


1 Samuel 1: 12-16 (NIV) As she kept on praying to the LORD, Eli observed her mouth. Hannah was praying in her heart, and her lips were moving but her voice was not heard. Eli thought she was drunk and said to her, "How long will you keep on getting drunk? Get rid of your wine."
"Not so, my lord," Hannah replied, "I am a woman who is deeply troubled. I have not been drinking wine or beer; I was pouring out my soul to the LORD. Do not take your servant for a wicked woman; I have been praying here out of my great anguish and grief."


I really like this verse.


2 Corinthians 1:3-5 (NIV) Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God. For just as the sufferings of Christ flow over into our lives, so also through Christ our comfort overflows.


And I'll finish with this.


Psalm 136:2 (NIV) Give thanks to the God of gods. His love endures forever


At the top of this blog is a picture of Laminin. It is a protien the holds the human body together. What does it look like to you? THAT would be how big my God is!

No comments: