Monday, October 27, 2008

Meet your enemy::...


At the end of days like today I breath a sigh of relief that tomorrow is coming and won't be like the day before. I'm blogging at a very unusual time for me. There is no coffee to be seen. Even though that might be a good idea. So Kels, I guess we can call this a break from my traditional blog openings.


Finally, I'm attempting to do what I have been looking forward to all day. Sitting here nicely touched under my fluffy comforter, next to my bible and notebook, my laptop on my knees and a heat pack on my stomach. The house is quite since all my family is in bed and I am left alone to my thoughts.



Today has been rough, mainly because of the stresses of life but there are a few more things weighing me down. God and I have been having sporadic little conversations throughout the day, which generally consists of me giving my problems and aggravations over to Him. Even with all the irritations of the day I still remember that God is in control.. Car problems mixed with pricey mechanic's bills have plagued me today. And I was greatly entertained today by God's ironic sense of humor.. I was calling my dear friend Kaiti to tell her about my frustrations, so we'll say I was calling to complain to Kaiti about all the things that were happening. But sadly like most Mondays we play phone tag all day, needless to say she didn't pick up. When I hang up though I turn on my music and what else do I hear but Mandisa's song "It's Only The Word" playing. Then after I picked back up my car from the mechanic I tried Kaiti again, this time she actually picked up which was a miracle in and of it's self. But after I hung up with Kait I turn back up the radio and the song, " Don't worry about a thing" was on. Is it just me or is God maybe trying to tell me something? I thought it was too funny in which the method God choose to comfort me.


Even with all the things that could distract me and have distracted me from God, I know that He is right there to help me through them if I will let Him. Another thing that I was thinking about today is that Spiritual warfare is not against flesh and blood. It's not what we are seeing. It's not the car problems, the relationship issues, school, fiances, etc. thoughs are the things that get us distracted so we can't take on what we were meant to. We are meant to bring glory to God and to delight ourselves in His presence. God doesn't change with circumstances, but I sure know that I do.


Here is something to think about.


Ephesians 6:12 (New International Version) For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.


No comments: