Sunday, November 23, 2008


For the past two mornings I have been waking up at five forty five. Weird, I know! I've kind of strangely enjoyed it though. It feel like I get more done in my day, plus I can have some alone time with God before any of my family gets their bright shiny faces out of bed. Me in all my excitement went to sleep Friday night at eight and last night at nine. I'm one crazy party animal on the weekend. But to my defense I didn't go to sleep until three a.m. on Thursday night because I was staying over at a friends house.

Friday my friend and I went to see "Twilight". Can you believe that I went to the movie without knowing really anything about the plot line other than it was about a vampire boy and a human girl that fall in love? After watching the movie, I think I have a handle on why girls all over are so freakishly obsessed with the books. In the movie at least Edward is so incredibly intoxicated by Bella. He wants her drawn in closer and closer to him, but he's afraid he is going to hurt her. Not only that but he takes change of situations and is protective of Bella. All girls want a guy who will protect them, and take change yet tell them how much they love them and want nothing more than to bask in their presence.. I know I would fall all over a guy who was like that. Just add that he is a strong christian and wants to serve God and you'd never see me again cause I would be following him around. :)
I told my friend about my revelation about the plot on the way home and she laughed at me an say's, "Your probably going to compare that with how God is with us, huh?" Well, I wasn't until she mentioned it! BUT, it is the more I think about it. That is way I love Psalm 16 so much I think..

Alright, so I have been reading through the bible and am now in Psalms. The other day I saw this chapter and thought I would share it. Psalms chapter 16 really spoke to me for some strange reason..

Psalm 16:1-11 (New Century Version)

Protect me, God,because I trust in you.
I said to the Lord, "You are my Lord.
Every good thing I have comes from you."
As for the godly people in the world,
they are the wonderful ones I enjoy.
But those who turn to idols
will have much pain.
I will not offer blood to those idols
or even speak their names.
No, the Lord is all I need.
He takes care of me.
My share in life has been pleasant;
my part has been beautiful.

I praise the Lord because he advises me.
Even at night, I feel his leading.
I keep the Lord before me always.
Because he is close by my side,
I will not be hurt.
So I rejoice and am glad.
Even my body has hope,
because you will not leave me in the grave.
You will not let your holy one rot.
You will teach me how to live a holy life.
Being with you will fill me with joy;
at your right hand I will find pleasure forever.

This fit me so well. I feel like I could relate to David. Even though the people around me aren't worshiping actual like idol statues instead they are worshiping the idol of instant gratification. The I want it and I want it now syndrome. Which I'm not saying I never get caught up in but when I realize that I am I look back to God for guidance.

I was really dreading reading through Psalms for some strange reason. But as I read I am amazed at how God has provided and the miracles He dispenses.

No comments: