Friday, November 14, 2008

Holding Tightly::...


This past week has flown by me. Veterans day was a nice break from the norm of my schedule. It also meant only three days of school instead of four, but who's counting? I was happy on Tuesday because I heard from one of my dear friends stationed in Iraq, I had last heard from him two months ago when he shipped out. So, it was nice to hear his voice and know that he is alright and that God is still encouraging and working on him even in the middle of Iraq. That's a strange place for God to work on anyone but He can pick any place He pleases to use to teach us.

This school year God has been using my circumstances to teach me. Satan has used many things I cherish and distorted them into something heart breaking. But that has given me an option to either pull closer to God or away from Him. I could be like Job and curse God for pulling away things that I have loved for so long or I could praise God for seeing me through the rough times.

Job 6:1-3 Then Job answered: "I wish my suffering could be weighed and my misery put on scales. My sadness would be heavier than the sand of the seas. No wonder my words seem careless.

When I get upset and my relationship with God is troubled my mouth is the first thing that goes. Like the Reliant K song says, " I can conger up a phrase that can cut to the quick." I guarantee that if I was in the same place spiritually as I was this time last school year I could easily pull away from God and from others. But this semester it's not so much me struggling as thoughs around me.
Even though it's hard to see those closest to you struggle, God provides a way even when we can't see the door. Personally it has been a growing experience. Last school year God called me asking for me to trust Him for contentment. Where as this school year it seems He wants me to trust Him with my future and more importantly my dearest of friends.


1 Timothy 4:12-13 Do not let anyone treat you as if you are unimportant because you are young. Instead, be an example to the believers with your words, your actions, your love, your faith, and your pure life. Until I come, continue to read the Scriptures to the people, strengthen them, and teach them.

Even though I'm young, heck I'm only 19! I can still be there for thoughs around me, love them with my words and my actions and be praying for them. Some of them that is all I'm capable of doing, is pray for them.

2 Corinthians 1:3-5 Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. God is the Father who is full of mercy and all comfort. He comforts us every time we have trouble, so when others have trouble, we can comfort them with the same comfort God gives us. We share in the many sufferings of Christ. In the same way, much comfort comes to us through Christ.

God has placed me where I am today with a purpose and if I look to Him He will give me guidance. So many times even lately God has comforted me. And through my Heavenly Father and can show love and comfort to thoughs around me who are hurting. Just like everyone else I am human and have had my trials, and God has lead me by the hand and gotten me through each and every one. We believers are to point every hurting person whether friend or foe to that same great comforter so they too can be lead to a place of contentment.

Even with all that I have been going through and trails that Satan I'm sure will keep throwing my way, I know that my heavenly Father will guide me through. My hand is His to hold and I know that there has never been a time of more misery in my life then when I have retracted my hand from God's reach.

Psalm 91: 2 I will say to the Lord, "You are my place of safety and protection. You are my God and I trust you."

No comments: