Thursday, August 21, 2008

For Love of Family or Foe?


"I am no longer anxious about anything", he wrote, "as I realize that He is able to carry out His will, and His will is mine. It makes no matter were He places me or how. That is for Him to consider rather than me; for in the easiest positions He will give me His grace, and in the most difficult His grace is sufficient." - Hudson Taylor




Now that I'm working on my third cup of coffee for the morning I figured I would start blogging. For the past few days I've had writers block. Not being that I don't know what to write about, more like I have too many subjects to pick from. My mind can't get them all out at once so it doesn't allow a single thought out.


School starts in a little less then a week. And I still have mixed feelings about going back. But in honesty if I keep in mind that college is not a place of rest but the for front of spiritual warfare, I think I will be fine. God will see me through yet another year. I'm quite sure of that.


For some strange reason unknown to me God must have a plan for me at college. I'm slowly learning that what is important is being led by the Holy Spirit and NOT caring about where He sends me. The main thing is just being willing to go and trusting Him with each step I take. Thus, I need to be placing me faith in the Holy Spirit. I really wish I could say that walk in the Spirit 24/7. My life would be much more interesting and blissful. But I don't, which is not only a detriment to me but to those around me as well.


When I'm not walking in the Spirit the first ones to feel the anguish is my family who I'm very close with. Whoever said that ministry starts at home should be shot. Cause personally my family is probably the hardest people for me to show love and grace to. I'm not at all saying that my family is unlovable or such a pain in the butt that you can't show them grace. That's not the case at all. My family has seen me both at my best and my worst. There always there for me, always. I guess it must have to do with my family being my safety net. I can be as big of snot as any and they'll still love me. That doesn't give me right to be obnoxious though. When I have a bad day my Mom usually gets the brunt of it. And then Kait gets to hear me fume on the phone. But Mom gets the shortest end of the stick in that deal. My great melt downs are all on poor Moms watch. Poor woman gave birth to me and NOW has to deal with a temperamental college student... Doesn't that make one want children? My family truely are my biggest encouragement. Spiritually as well as emotionally. I really don't think there is a subject of conversation we haven't broached.


My desire is that this semester I have a greater intimacy with God then I did last school year. The only way to be at peace is to enter into God's rest. Which happens through faith. I really don't want to be so busy that I can not focus on my relationship with my heavenly Father. Because when my relationship is right with Him, my relationship with others is right too. I just need to keep in mind that everything else is temporal compared to my relationship and intimacy with God.


These verses seem to fit what I was just talking about.


Colossians 2:6-7 (New International Version) So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness.


And


Colossians 3:12-14 (New International Version) Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.

No comments: