Thursday, August 7, 2008

Is it all going to be too much?




God's dreamers are always unpractical, but in the end... their dreams always come true. - Amy Carmichael


Hu. I kind of feel like this right now. College starts back at the end of the month which means so does a crazy schedule. Twelve credit hours plus double time in bible institute so we can get through by January and say good bye to a fellow BI student in February. After talking the other night to a younger friend of mine who is starting college this Fall, I really feel like God is calling me to start a college girls bible study. One of my friends I met in school last year, thought the Christian club I was in kicked around the idea of starting a bible study. But, now I really feel like it needs to be established.


The tweens at church are awesome. I really have loved teaching that class and plan to keep it going. It has it's moments of struggle but there are also small victories along the way. It's always hard to get a volunteer to pray. It was awesome the first time I heard one of the girls in the class pray. Her prayers are starting to get longer in lenght and more indepth, it's amazing to watch as her little relationship with God the Father turns into a larger more complex relationship one where she knows beyond a doubt that He hears her and will respond with His great love for her! One of my best friends little brothers just moved up to the tween class from the kids Sunday school. I was shocked when on his first or second day in the class he volunteered to pray. And pray he did, he just poured his little heart out to the Father. It was so neat!It's great fun and a grand privilege to be allowed so many opportunities to sit back and watch God work.


So twelve hours (full time) at school,tween class, bible institute and the college bible study. I feel like I have a full plate and only two of those things are actually in full swing.


I know that God will provide a way for me to get to the other side of what seems like a mountain before me. Hehe, darn Phil 4:13 (KJV)I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Oh, no.. What about Phil 4:6-7 (NASB)Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.
And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.


So,I guess everything might be alright after all. :) I can't wait to see what these next few months have to offer! Far be it from me to say that I have ANY clue to what God has planned. I'm just here for the ride and can only live my life by having faith in God's plan and in the Holy Spirit to guide me to where He wants me.


We have a God who delights in impossibilities and who asks, "Is anything too hard for Me?" - Andrew Murray

No comments: