Sunday, August 10, 2008

My Great Sustainer.


So.. Today being Sunday, I did what I do every Sunday. My Mom woke me up. I then woke up just enough to start praying and then fell back asleep. Once my Mom woke me up yet again, I was fairly shocked because I found that now I had half an hour to be ready for church. Church was awesome today. First service made me think, the warnings that are through out Hebrews makes one do that sort of thing. The kids in my class during second service were attentive and asking question that rivaled some I've heard from adults. My Dad and I went and had lunch at the park then we went back to the church to wait for Bible Institute to start. I took an all too short of a nap on the couch in my Sunday school class room. Then we had BI for a little over two hours. Sundays are always one of my busiest days out of the whole week. I have Sundays like today that make me excited for the next one. And other Sundays that make me dread all week my busiest day to come. One thing I was thinking about today was that God does two things in my life at times. He either delivers me through a situation or He delivers me from the situation. But He can't do either if I'm not willing to trust Him. Some times I face something that I ask God to deliver me from and since I am human I just want God to take the situation from me completely. However since God is God and has a plan and purpose for everything sometimes instead of taking away my problem He takes me by the hand and leads me through it each step of the way.. Sometimes God has a bigger plan for our hardship that we face. We have to be willing to trust God through what ever we face. Because the only obedience God is looking for from us is our Faith. Simply trusting in His perfect plan for us, that He laid out in eternity past for each and every believer. I found 2 Cor 1:3-5 really neat.

2 Cor 1:3-5 (NIV) Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God. For just as the sufferings of Christ flow over into our lives, so also through Christ our comfort overflows.

I know that though out my time as a believer I have been comforted by God on numerous occasions. The only way I can feel that comfort is by trusting in the Holy Spirit to comfort me. The only time that a believer can show God's comfort to others is when they are filled with the Holy Spirit. Meaning they are trusting in the Spirit to direct their lives. At the beginning of your day you don't set out to comfort someone, you don't think to yourself "Gee, today I need to comfort at least one person". It's something the Spirit will lead you to do and sometimes you don't ever realize your doing it, in some cases you never find out. But God knows exactly what each and every one of His children need to grow their relationship and intimacy with Him. I have had times were I'm the one being comforted and other times where I find out that I am person God is using to comfort someone.

As I venture on my adventure of life, I am amazed that God can and will use everyone and everything to His honor and glory. The question I have to pose to myself is, "How will I be used?" Will I allow myself to trust the God who sustains all things and be used in a positive way. Or, will I reject God's grace and travel down my own road only to end up as a picture of how not to live this short life.

2 Cor 12:9 (NIV) But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.

I think that is the perfect verse to leave off with. My God's grace is enough.


You know.. I honestly think this blog is more for me then anyone else.

No comments: