Tuesday, August 12, 2008

I'm singing the back to school blues.



Well, I finished the lesson for Sunday. But it's around eleven-ish and I don't think my brain can fully comprehend Bible Institute stuff right now, so that shall wait until tomorrow. I'm not back in school yet but a lot of schools in town recently started.


Sunday during church, my pastor was talking about spiritual warfare. It's all around each and every believer. Can you imagine that right this second a demon is fighting (of course if your a believer, a losing battle) to take over your soul? Satan is trying every way possible to destroy your relationship with God. Friends, family, class mates, co - workers you name it and Satan will try to use it! It frightens me to think that I'm stuck out on the front lines of this battle field that I can't see. But, I can totally feel the effects the war has on me. I'm faced daily with a war surrounding me, yet some people say the christian life isn't exciting! Unlike many people, I would rather be a princess warrior fighting for my Heavenly Father then sitting on the sidelines waiting for someone to take charge. The funny part is that the more I trust in my God the more furiously attacked I get. The only way to defend my self is to allow my protector to handle my attacker. What a strange concept! Isn't that so true though? I know I can't handle anything on my own, but God can deal with anything I'm willing to trust Him with. Even school children who are believers are in the heat of the battle field. Just because their young doesn't mean they don't get attacked any less then the adults!


When people ask me if I'm ready to be back in school my response is usually, "I'm looking forward to having another year accomplished". The thought of starting back excites me about as much as the thought of getting my tongue pierced, and let me tell you that's not much. Just recently I thought about my attitude the following few weeks after school let out for the summer. The conclusion wasn't pretty. Because of being overwhelmed by school I lacked the time for an intimate relationship with my Lord. At school it seemed to me that I was surrounded and being attaked from every direction. The weeks after school finished I was actually a little gun shy about talking with other about God because I had been so beat down for having the beliefs that I still hold strong to. Even with other believers that I knew shared the same vauls as me, I was still distant when talking about God. It wasn't until the beginning of Tulsa camp that I actually felt open to freely talk about God and not have anyone beat me down for it. Then it dawned on me, school is a marked battle ground. The biology buildings should have a hazard sign on it that says 'Beware, prepair for Darwinism ahead'. At least give the poor college students some road signs!


This school year my biggest desire is to keep an intimate relationship with my Maker number one in my life.. Even if that means getting a 'B' on an exam instead of an 'A' because I was spending the morning with my heavenly Father thus having less time to study.. But I really will need to pray about that because for a perfectionist like me a 'B' is like a kick in the gut. But this school year God will take priority! The only reason I'm at college is to get my nursing degree so that I can go into ministry with the main goal to glorify God. So, why exactly should my goal in college not be to glorify God? Wow, I've used the name God a lot in this post. I was just looking at that. College is a great place to suck out your soul if your not trusting God and walking by faith.
Hebrews 11:1 (NIV) Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.
And
Philippians 4:19-20 (NIV) And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus. To our God and Father be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

No comments: