Friday, August 8, 2008

God Has A Hand In Everything..



"Jesus Christ does not want to be our helper, He wants to be our life. He does not want us to work for Him. He wants us to let Him do His work through us, using us as we use a pencil to write with." - Charles Trumbull


Last night after watching 'Becoming Jane' for the second time, I wished I was Jane Austin. Her writing and word usage is phenomenal. She lived by her pen all her adult years. The stories she wrote not only make every young woman pine to be like the story's heroin but also long for adventure. After pondering the thought of transforming myself into Jane Austin, I decided something. Unlike her I would much rather write through my living, not live through my writing. Plus, God is so much better of a writer then I could ever imagine to be any ways. So why don't I just let Him write an adventure for me?

The other day I began preparing for the college girls bible study that I'm hoping to start soon. My plan is to go through and study the great women of faith in the Bible, starting with Esther. I have read through the book of Esther so many times that it has gotten to be a challenge to see new things as I read and study. So before I began I prayed, asking God to show me something new! I only read through the beginning excerpt in my study bible and the first chapter, but I thought what I found was amazing. The author of the excerpt happened to mention that the omission of the words God and worship is purposeful by the author of Esther. With the omission of God and Worship it actually makes the presence of God MORE apparent. When you look at the story every time you see something unimaginably miraculous happen it's always God. As I looked at the first chapter I could see how God PERFECTLY laid the ground work for Esther. Before King Xerxes ever lied eyes on Esther, God was preparing a path for her to become queen! She was in a position where she could help her people at the exact time they were in dire need. Now, I'm not one to think that my God gets taken by surprise. God planned all of it to happen for the purpose of glorifying Him! How awesome is that? After the Bible was written God didn't stop laying out His plan in His children's lives. If your willing to trust Him with the pen to your life God will write a story for you that will be greater then anything you could have dreamt of.


I have the best time rereading past journal entries. My story is unique to me like everyone Else's is to them. God knows me, because He made me. He wants to fulfill the longings of my heart. God made me so that I crave adventure and the thrill of the unknown. Everyday that I decided to trust my Father is stepping out into the unknown. I learned a few years ago to never underestimate God. When I place my faith in God to direct my path and my mouth (that's a big one!) He allows me experiences that I could have never imagined.


When I was fifteen a missionary couple came to my church and gave a missions report while they were visiting. The entire time that wife spoke of the ministry God has allowed her to have in India I had cold chills. At lunch that afternoon I started crying my eyes out. When my Mom asked me what was wrong, I told her that after listening that morning I felt like God was calling me on to the mission field. Most would think that, going into foreign ministry is not something to cry over but I didn't know what to do or how to get there. The question running through my mine was, who in their right mine would take a fifteen year old with them to a foreign country? Strangely enough God had planted the seed in my mind in the beginning of 2005 and that summer Pat a pastors wife and missionary from Oklahoma came to where I live and did a mission boot camp. Pat told everyone at the first mission boot camp that anyone that she thought did well during the camp was more then welcome to go with her on a mission trip to Zambia Africa in the spring of 2006. So, at the age of sixteen I went and taught in Zambia. It was one of the most amazing experiences of my life. Over the past two summers I have worked camps in four different states, which is great training for ministry in the future. God has also allowed me the opportunity to be the tween teacher at my church. Right now as I write this, I'm going through the same bible institute course that the mission organization I'm planning on being sent through sends to the pastors institutes in Africa for training pastors to teach. Hopefully we will be finished with the program this January because in February one of the students is leaving for Africa! I'm going into my second year of college to become a nurse and I have full hope to then spend the rest of my life in ministry. I really would like to go live abroad nursing physical wound and sickness then teaching the people about my God who heals their spirit. Most people think I'm crazy, others think I'm gifted but I'm just the way God intended me to be. And that is set apart for Him.

So far that is my story, Every day God shows me more of the story that he wrote for me. I wish I could read the whole book right now. Actually, I wish even more that I could just read the ending then I would know all that I will encounter in my life. But then that would ruin the ending. God is my author and I can do nothing without Him. My life is void if He doesn't hold the pen to my life. So far He has written a story for me that I thank Him for everyday. Esther too had a God written story, hers just happens to be in the Bible. Both her and I can do nothing apart from our God who can do everything.

John 15:5 (NIV) "I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing."

No comments: