Wednesday, August 6, 2008

A New Day....

Today is another new day. A day that I can either choose for or against my relationship with my Heavenly Father. Which am I going to choose?

I found a lot this summer that with working at camps I would have this same conversation with myself. It was funny, sometimes I would be so busy in the mornings that no one would even realize that I was praying while getting all my girls ready. :)

Prayer was about the only thing that kept me alive this summer. If I was stressed, I would pray. If I was having difficulties with a child I would pray. For sickness, pray. All sorts of things to pray for and even more to thank God for!

Why don't I thank God more? He provides everything AND more then I need, He even throws in excitement and puffy clouds because he knows that I like those both so well. Every now and then God and I have a fun conversation about all the puffy clouds he placed in the sky for me that day! Yes, there is billions of people on the planet and He put them there for me. :) But, when my soul is in panic mode which in honesty has been the case a lot of the school year I don't look at the puffy clouds. I tell myself, "I don't have the time." But I have found myself many many times during the school year saying, "I don't have time for God today." I didn't mean to, I just would have school projects that I was feeling the heat of. The strange thing was that on days that I started by giving it to God to let Him deal with I would get ten times more stuff done on my to-do list.

It's strange for me to thing that God, The Creator of the universe! Loves me more then I love myself. Cause let me tell ya what, most days I don't think my poo stinks. So, I'm quite the avid Ashley fan. But God loves me more then I love me! What a concept! He wants even better for me then what I want for myself. But this means I have to daily turn to Him and be willing to let Him guide me in the day. The only way I can do this is BY FAITH. By faith return to God and allow Him to lead the way.

Jer 29:11 (NIV) "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

AND

2 Cor 12:9 (NIV) But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.

No comments: